Translate

08 January, 2012

felice anno nuovo!

Happy new year to all, oh and what wondrous things the new year has swirled in with! the first 9 days of 2012 have been filled with great happenings... surely they are pretenses for a magical year to come:) the countdown is at 17 days until departure for Italy! at this moment i can barely contain my enthusiasm... the pre-departure excitement is hitting full force. crazy to think, but I only have one more Sunday in San Luis Obispo until late July! it is difficult to imagine, but does not deter my happiness in any way:)
to list the beauty in January 1st to thus far:
1) thanks to the support of my lovely parentals, my visa application process was a breeze! I was pretty worried it would be hectic and stressful, giving us much to do at the last minute, but it turned out to be effortless! we had all the documents we needed ( plus about 50 that we didn't even need ... better prepared than not i guess!) the woman at the consulate in LA knew exactly what she needed and was very helpful! my visa will be here this week:)
2) I have been communicating with my host family, through my host sister Leda mainly, and they are possibly the most loving and open people I have ever come upon:) It is like a blessing from the universe that my home will be with the Caiati family!
3) suitcases have come out, and i am embarking on a packing mission! I have to decipher between what I want to bring (all my clothes) and what i should bring logistically speaking... 44 pounds, or 20 kilos!
4) I went over to my school in town to get all my transcripts for my host school and they were so wonderful and efficient!
5) my family has been tremendously supportive and 100% loving throughout this process... i don't know if I could have done it without them!

although I am going to miss San Luis Obispo and the California feel, I am so ready to fly out into the world and immerse myself in this breathtaking journey. I also wanted to post a quick word of thanks to all of the people in my life who have financially supported my exchange... you all mean the world to me, and it has helped make this a 17 day from now reality!
xoxo to all,
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment